• Cadastre-se

BattleForge - Tópico informativo

Dante003

Posts recomendados

• Membro VIP

Duas fotos do BattleForge na RingCon.

RingCon_DSC06377.JPG

RingCon_DSC06444.JPG

Agora, toda quinta-feira a EA vai liberar duas imagens oficiais dos cards.

Na semana passada eles mostraram o Juggernaut e o Tremor, o visual foi um pouco modificado em relação ao revelado anteriormente, confiram no link abaixo.

http://www.battleforge.com/cms/front_content.php?idcat=10&idart=173&client=1〈=2

Link para o comentário
Compartilhar em outros sites

• 2 semanas depois...
  • Membro VIP

Finalmente foi anúnciado o Open Beta, para os sortudos com bom pc (não foi revelado os requerimentos), o open beta começará no dia 7 de novembro, se cadastre no site http://www.battleforgecardhunt.com/register.php para receber a key. Você estará entrando numa fila para receber a key, quem tem card terá preferência na hora de receber a key, e provavelmente quem se increveu a mais tempo também.

Aproveitem

Link para se cadastrar no Open Beta

http://www.battleforgecardhunt.com/register.php

Link para o comentário

• 2 semanas depois...
  • Membro VIP

Dia 7 de novembro saiu o beta :D , de acordo com quem baixou o instalador, ele baixa em torno de 4 a 5gb do jogo, e instalado no computador pesa 8,19gb.

Requerimentos mínimos:

CPU: 1.6 GHz or 1.8 GHz single core.

512mb RAM

GPU: 128mb e Shader Model 2 (Shader model 2 with a pixel fillrate of 900 MP/s, a texture fillrate of 1800 MT/s and a memory bandwidth)

Geforce 7300 LE, 7300 GS, 6600, ou mais forte.

Screen resolution of 1024x768

Video da gameplay do beta

alta qualidade -

Mais 2 videos da gameplay, mostrando a sandbox, tem duração de 10 minutos o primeiro video e 2:36 o segundo. Mostra os 4 poderes, fogo (agressivo), gelo (defensivo), sombra (sacrificio) e natureza (cura).

Parte 1

Parte 2

A sandbox pelo jeito é onde se pode testar todas os poderes e seu deck customizado, sem ter qualquer custo para invocar as cartas, além de você poder invocar os inimigos.

Link para o comentário

• 2 semanas depois...
  • Membro VIP

O Quarto tutorial saiu, agora mostrando um pouco o poder Nature, enjoy :)

[36,6mb] - http://www.battleforge.com/cms/movies/Tutorials/tut4_en.mp4

-----

MMOCCGRTS? BattleForge is more than meets the eye

One of the biggest surprises at the Penny Arcade Expo this year was BattleForge, an eye-catching, colorful RTS from EA Phenomic. The game mixes real-time strategy with card game mechanics to create a unique blend of fast-paced action and pre-game strategy, as you forge your own decks of cards—each of which corresponds to a unit, a spell, or a building—rather than simply playing as a pre-defined faction before heading into battle. While the show-floor demo was relatively limited, we've since had a chance to sink some time into the recently-launched beta for the game, and suffice to say that this is one PC game that all RTS fans should be watching out for in the New Year.

Though it was made clear to us during our demo with the title that the card mechanic would allow players to build custom decks, the whole collectible card game element is much more central to the overall play experience than it initially seemed. BattleForge is actually less a straight-forward, story-based RTS and more an MMO-like persistent online game in which you play with others, complete missions, earn money and points, and buy more cards. The entire addictive CCG experience has been turned digital and integrated with the core mechanics of an RTS.

The game's lobby includes a testbed for sampling your deck.

Not that this is a bad thing. Replaying difficult maps over and over to earn reward cards and money to buy booster packs is oddly satisfying, especially because no real money is exchanged in the process. Not yet, anyway. This gives the entire experience an MMO vibe, as you are free to form parties with other players online, and tackle co-operative missions to earn better "loot" in the form of card upgrades, boss cards, or other highly-sought rares from earned digital booster packs.

The actual campaign structure is also interesting. There is a story told about Skylords, which the hands of the gods in the sky—a cute way of weaving the player's actions into the overall story—and the fate of man in the world of BattleForge. But those details merely serve as a backdrop for the game's various maps. All of the scenario-based levels and free-form arenas are plotted on a world map and can be traveled to as you move through the campaign. Some levels are solely for a single player, while others require 2, 4, or even 12 players total to best.

Once you have a full deck and enough resources, the action can get intense.

While the solo levels tend to be relatively linear, the multiplayer levels can be insanely hectic, as players are each given a specific objective and must work together to accomplish an overall greater goal. One level, for example, had me and another player building up separate forces to defend two separate walls in a single human encampment from a barrage. At one point, his side started to weaken, so I had to act quickly and deploy a separate force of units from my own pool to aid his at the second wall. Soon, he rebuilt his force and together we won the match and a few select cards for our troubles.

The world map, with a few choice locales, and the deck editor.

When you're not in the midst of a match, there is a main "world" chat that players can engage in much like a hub world. Here players can build and test new decks, visit the store to purchase new cards, learn about the lore of the world, venture out on quests, and so forth. The community chat channel allows players to compare and trade cards, discuss strategies, and organize matches for the more demanding levels. Players can also head off to a coliseum to engage in some player-versus-player battling whenever they choose.

As long as EA stays away from charging real money for special in-game cards that would give one player an advantage over another, BattleForge is poised to be a seriously addictive RTS title when it launches early next year for the PC. Stay tuned for further coverage as the beta progresses.

by Arstechnica, Frank Caron

original clique aqui

Fotos do review

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.media/ars_battleforge_screen.jpg [853kb]

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.media/ars_battleforge_2.jpg [2,1mb]

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.media/ars_battleforge_thumb-2.jpg [1,7mb]

-----

Esses 2 videos mostram um pouco melhor o Shadow Power.

alta qualidade - http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=phFBE6ZP-L4

alta qualidade - http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=mg-vVyLIwLg

OBS: Junte o link, pois está separado, devido ao fórum transforma-los em video.

Link para o comentário

• Membro VIP

---------------Entrevista com Sebastian Nell------------------

With Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 out, and StarCraft II and Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 2 looming ominously over the horizon, RTS fans have got it good. But there's one game you might not be aware of that you really should, and that's BattleForge, EA Phenomic's new MMO-style fantasy RTS that incorporates Magic the Gathering-esque card collecting. Intrigued? Head filled with questions? Good, cos we got answers, from producer Sébastien Nell no less. Read on for the low-down on what could be one of 2009's surprise hits.

VideoGamer.com: BattleForge is unique in that it's an RTS that incorporates elements from traditional card-based games. Was the idea for the game an easy sell in terms of the initial pitch?

Sébastien Nell: For us, the keeper of the creative vision, it was fairly easy to imagine what it was going to be like, but unfortunately everybody else had a different vision. There was a lot of communication that was needed to be done in order to get everybody on the same page on what our vision is within the studio. There's still a lot of misconceptions because we're going a different route, we're trying something else that hasn't been done before, especially not in the RTS genre. We're doing an RTS completely online, having micro-transaction items, using different game mechanics than RTS usually has. There were lots of misconceptions but I think we did a very good of getting rid of those.

VideoGamer.com: What was the reaction when you pitched the idea to the powers that be at EA?

SN: There's a cool story behind that. After we finished SpellForce, we were looking for a new publisher. With the idea of BattleForge in mind we created a board game that has more or less the same rules that the game has right now but it was turn based. So what we did was we created a board game and went to different publishers, also went to EA, and had a great meeting with the execs of EA, also with the EA partners. They came back to us and said, 'guys, I'm sorry, we aren't going to publish you, we want to buy you'. For us it was just amazing. One of the EA execs played the board game for more than two hours and was asking all these questions, 'how does that work and how does that work, how would that translate into the real game?'. It was really great. You could tell that they were gamers and really liked the new idea behind doing something different than anybody else does. Especially for EA, if you look at the line-up that we have this year in total there are some very exceptional titles out there.

VideoGamer.com: Any high-profile publishers that turned the game down that are perhaps regretting that decision now?

SN: (Laughs) Yeah! Definitely! But unfortunately I'm not able to talk about who this is!

VideoGamer.com: The game has been in beta for a couple of weeks now. Have you learnt anything?

SN: Yeah, oh definitely, we've learnt a lot. It was a great launch. Initially we sent out 2000 keys, we did that on a Friday, and on Sunday there were 1000 users online at the same time, which means that 50 per cent of the people we sent a key to actually played at the same time, which was great. The servers did a good job, load testing worked out very well. BattleForge is a very cooperative gameplay oriented game. We have 12 player maps and on the first day we already had a couple of groups that tried to complete those missions but horribly failed, which is great to see. When you unleash your baby to players who are not EA, and not press, but are just regular players, what they do with it was really great to see. The forum was full of suggestions and questions. It's starting to live now. Community, for BattleForge especially, or for every online game, it's the key, it makes the game successful. We're trying to do the best job and provide them with all the information they need and try to be present within the game to answer questions that might occur in the game and in the forums. We're looking forward to the future stages of the beta.

VideoGamer.com: Has the beta flagged anything up in terms of the way the game plays, perhaps balance or content changes as opposed to stress testing servers?

SN: Right now it's mainly actually stress testing and getting users in and trying a couple of things. But in terms of content we will definitely have phases in the beta where we focus testing on, let's say four player PvE maps, see how they balance, see how the people do and of course, balancing the maps is one big point, it's very important for us to keep track of.

VideoGamer.com: What kind of release date are we looking at?

SN: We're planning for very very beginning of next year but now it's looking later towards March time. We're announcing the release date in the next two weeks.

VideoGamer.com: You'll have to pay for the game itself but there's no subscription model, is that correct?

SN: That's correct. There's no subscription model. You can go into a store and buy the box. There has been a misconception about what are the micro-transaction items, why do I have to buy the game and then pay more for extra cards? That's actually not quite true, because what you get in the box is actually four pre-defined decks, which are 16 cards from each power, we have four powers in the game, and also ten booster packs. One booster pack is made up of eight cards, we guarantee that there's one rare, there's five commons and two uncommons, which adds up to roughly 100-120 cards. And that's more than half of the cards that we actually created for launch, for the first edition, because one edition has around 200 cards.

VideoGamer.com: How much will the cards cost?

SN: This is going to be a very low price point. We haven't decided on the exact pricing yet but it's going to be a lot cheaper than the physical cards that you would buy in booster packs from Magic the Gathering.

VideoGamer.com: Some fans are concerned that the more you spend the better your deck will be, that the more money you've got then the better you'll be at the game.

SN: That's something that from the start we paid real attention to. That actually doesn't happen. A deck only consists of 20 cards, so despite the fact that your collection might include all 200 cards the only advantage that you have is you can choose from those cards, where a player that didn't buy any additional booster packs has only 120 cards to choose from. It's still a lot of cards to choose from and there's no advantage in having more cards when you don't know the strategy and how to use those cards in one of the scenarios or in PvP.

VideoGamer.com: But if you pay for them you save time having to obtain them by playing the game...

SN: How you get cards, except for buying them, is by trading with other players. Also we incorporated everything that we know from the real world, we replaced eBay for the Magic players with our own auction house that is in game. We have player trade where players can get together and trade their cards, trade messages, where they can post, 'I'm trading this card for this card', or 'looking for someone to trade with', and also attach those to in game mails. So we're giving the players every opportunity to trade cards as easily as possible and get their preferred cards.

VideoGamer.com: So if you've got a card are you able to sell that card or can you only trade it?

SN: You can put it in the auction house if you want to.

VideoGamer.com: And then another player will be able to buy that with real world money?

SN: It's what we call BattleForge points, that's the monetary currency that we have in BattleForge. We do also have BattleForge gold which is the experience currency that you get by playing the game, but auctions are usually paid with BattleForge points.

VideoGamer.com: So if you buy a card with real world money and put that card on the auction house you won't be able to make your money back from another player?

SN: No.

VideoGamer.com: What's your plan for post release? I assume you're going to be introducing new cards on a regular basis.

SN: Yeah definitely. BattleForge is an online service rather than a boxed product. We'll release new maps in a monthly cycle, these will be for free, everybody can download and play them. Then we have new card editions on a regular basis, like Magic does, they have release cycles for new card editions. We don't know yet when we'll launch the second edition.

VideoGamer.com: Am I correct in understanding that if you defeat a unit in the game you then get that unit's card?

SN: No. That's a misconception. We never take cards away from players. When completing scenarios you can't win cards, you will win card upgrades, which is our way of rewarding players. It's kind of a reward that actually matters to gameplay. At the moment we have three kinds of rewards, depending on the difficulty level of the maps. We have the epic card upgrade for completing the 12-player maps for instance. You've got low upgrades from additional hit points to high value card upgrades which will add another special feature to the unit. Also, the card upgrade allows you to bundle another card. If you have a card twice you can also apply this when you're upgrading your card and it doubles the charges of one card. Charge means the time you can play out the card in one scenario.

VideoGamer.com: Battleforge is an RTS but it's unlike any other that's currently out or in the works. Do you see it competing with the likes of Red Alert 3, StarCraft II or Dawn of War 2 or is it out there on its own?

SN: Well we're certainly looking at those games, but these will be great standard RTS games. I won't blame anyone that plays StarCraft II! I'm looking forward to that game! But BattleForge is a little bit different. The transition that RPGs have made throughout the years, that they've gone online now, that transition was never made by RTS. The only online modes that RTS had was PvP. Since we're online total we want to be the pioneer in the new era of RTS.

VideoGamer.com: Those games I mentioned are remaining fairly similar to what's gone before in the RTS genre, and you're taking things in a different direction, more based in the social aspect. Is their focus on remaining quite hardcore a mistake?

SN: RTS is a hardcore genre. With our thinking, with our approach we're trying to make it a little bit more accessible. Giving the players the opportunity to play with each other instead of against each other, it makes it a lot easier for newbies to get into the game when they're guided by guild mates or by the community when they play with players.

VideoGamer.com: So you don't think it's a mistake for these developers to continue to focus on the hardcore aspects of the genre?

SN: Well I think sooner or later they will also do the movement online. That's what the passage now in PC gaming is for sure, the intention is to bring all those games online and I think these companies will do so as well.

VideoGamer.com: I wanted to ask you about one of the hot topics in PC gaming at the moment, which is piracy. I speak to many developers who say that the PC games market is dying. BattleForge is a PC only title. What's your feeling on the matter?

SN: For us as an online game I think the problem of piracy is not present at all. We encourage the player to pass around the BattleForge disc because when they go online you can only use the code once and then it's redeemed, it's kind of like World of Warcraft, where you need an account online to play the game but you can pass the disc around to all your friends, but they need an account to play. So BattleForge does the same thing. It can't be pirated in the way that other PC games can. It doesn't have that issue.

VideoGamer.com: So if you were to buy a copy of Battleforge, would that would save all your friends having to buy a copy? That sounds pretty good value!

SN: (Laughs) No it doesn't. There are different ways of distributing BattleForge. One is direct download. If someone has a low internet connection maybe they want to go over to their friends, borrow the disc, install it from the disc and go to the EA server buy it online.

VideoGamer.com: So PC gaming isn't dead then?

SN: I don't think so. We've seen developers moving to the console and I think that's a good decision, I can see why they're doing that, but PC gaming is not dead at all. The PC market has been for the last couple of years very World of Warcraft driven, as well as Sims driven, but I think in the future there will be a lot more titles that will get more players back to the PC again.

VideoGamer.com: Including your title I guess!

SN: Yeah, definitely our title!

VideoGamer.com: What's the situation regarding the possibility of doing a console version of BattleForge? It strikes me as being an RTS that might get around that control system problem on account of it being a little simpler than others in the genre.

SN: Yeah that's true. You know creating a console friendly RTS is mainly about the controls. I don't know one game that has found a proper solution. We're definitely looking at options, not for the near future, but we definitely want to evolve as a studio as well so of course we're looking at options to do a console friendly RTS.

VideoGamer.com: What was your take on Ubisoft's voice command solution to the problem with Endwar? Is that something you might consider?

SN: That's actually one game I'm looking forward to playing. I haven't tried it, I can't say much about it, but I will definitely try it. It sounds very interesting and a lot of players seem to like it. I think it fits perfectly to the setting, giving commands to military people is what users, if you would do it in a fantasy game, you would say, 'Unit X attack unit Epsilon', that wouldn't deliver the feeling that a fantasy RTS would need when playing such a game, but I think it's a good approach.

VideoGamer.com: Have you got some genius solution up your sleeve that you're keeping under wraps so nobody else can steal it?

SN: No! As soon as we've found the perfect solution we will ship a game with that perfect solution and then we'll tell you!

VideoGamer.com: Would you not just like the ability to be able to plug a mouse and keyboard into a console? Surely that's the best way to do it?

SN: Yeah... no. They need to go and play on the PC!

BattleForge is due out for PC early 2009.

Fonte: Videogamer.com

Link para o comentário

• 2 semanas depois...
  • 2 semanas depois...
  • Membro VIP
BattleForge Updated Impressions

Collectible card games meets real-time strategy in EA's upcoming fantasy game.

by Jason Ocampo

US, December 11, 2008 - There are online collectible card games, of course. Magic: The Gathering, the granddaddy of all modern CCGs, has a digitized version that plays exactly like the physical game, only it's online. BattleForge, from EA and its EA Phenomic studio, from Germany, looks to put a twist on online CCGs. This game features the card collecting and deck building of CCGs, but blends a real-time strategy mechanic of you being able to control fantastic creatures and powerful spells on a battlefield. EA introduced BattleForge earlier this year, and as the game approached its closed beta we recently got another look at it.

On first inspection, BattleForge looks like a typical CCG. A big part of the game is to collect cards that come in varying degrees of frequency. There are common cards, uncommon cards, and rare cards. The rarer a card, the more powerful it is. These cards represent different things in the fantasy world of BattleForge, everything from dragons to magical towers to spells. Your task is then to build decks with these cards; it doesn't matter if you have several hundred cards in your collection. What matters is what cards you select for the deck that you bring into battle.

Where BattleForge differs from traditional CCG games is that when you "play" a card in a CCG, you simply place it down, face up. Your imagination basically does the rest. In BattleForge, there are battlefields where you place down cards and they come to life, summoning units, buildings, and spells that you can then command in battle, just as in an RTS game like Warcraft. This makes it both a game of skill and deliberation (how do you build your deck for each scenario or battle?), as well as a game of tactical command. How well do you manage different units simultaneously? The game can be played cooperatively with other players as you battle a computer opponent, or head-to-head in player-versus-player games.

There is a resource system in the game, but it's not one predicated on chopping down trees or mining ore like it is in other RTS games. Cards are divided into four schools of magic: Fire, Frost, Nature, and Shadow. This matters because in order to play a card you need power and orbs. Power comes from generators on the battlefield. Meanwhile, orbs are tied closely to monuments on the battlefield. If you capture a monument you can decide what type of orb goes there (Fire, Frost, Nature, and Shadow). Cards will have varying orb requirements; for example, one card might require three orbs from different schools of magic.

battleforge-20081211033611125-000.jpg

These dragons are breathing something.

Being a CCG game, the financial model is based on using microtransactions to purchase booster packs. These booster packs will be completely optional; the designers say that they'll load you up with enough cards with the basic game that you will be able to compete. And if you don't want to buy cards, you can trade with other gamers. However, for those willing to spend a little (the exact prices haven't been announced yet), there are booster packs purchasable from the in-game store using what are called BattleForge Points. These packs will have eight cards each, with at least one rare card per booster back.

It sounds like how you manage your cards will also play an important role in the game. There are rewards for winning battles in the form of a loot table that distributes loot based on participation in battle. This loot can be used to purchase card upgrades that boost the card's power and effectiveness. For instance, it might multiply the amount of damage the card does, or increase the number of times you can use a certain card in a single battle. To prevent gold framers from simply selling off powerfully upgraded cards in the game's auction house or by other means, you won't be able to trade or sell a card without first stripping it of its upgrades. Moreover, you won't' be able to "lose" a card in battle. When you exhaust a card it still remains in your deck. If someone beats you, they won't be able to take your cards.

battleforge-20081211033604312-000.jpg

Gesundheit

The only way to lose a card is to trade it or auction it off. A trade messaging system will let you advertise what you want to trade, or what you're looking for. The designers are looking to design a very social experience, which is basically what CCGs are in real life. After all, what good is being able to collect cards if you don't have someone you can battle? To that extent, there's going to be plenty of community tools on the game's site. There's also going to be an online deck builder that lets you manage your cards, even when you don't have access to the game. So imagine if you're at lunch and decide to tweak your decks for the evening's battles.

It all makes for an interesting take on the CCG and RTS genres. It's definitely a bold experiment, as well. CCGs don't seem as popular as they were during their heyday in the 1990s, but there are obviously a number of successful franchises out there. It's also a long-term business model, as you hope to build a relationship with the gamer that lasts months, if not years. Phenomic plans to put out new sets of cards on a regular basis, just like CCG publishers do in the physical realm. BattleForge launches next year, and we'll see how it does then.

Fonte: IGN UK

original: http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/937/937804p1.html

BattleForge Interview: The Novel RTS/Trading Card Hybrid

Summary: With the BattleForge beta currently in full swing, Strategyinformer make an wonderful interview with Sebastien Nell, BattleForge's producer for EA Phenomic, to learn some more about the novel RTS/trading card hybrid.

Recently, attention is being focused on BattleForge, a new fantasy online real-time strategy game. Developed in Ingelheim, Germany, BattleForge is an epic real-time strategy (RTS) fantasy game that combines the elegance of RTS gameplay with the collectability of trading cards in an online environment where friends can play together. BattleForge pioneers strategy gaming with its online multiplayer design and robust community. Players can get in the game by purchasing the title at retail in early 2009 and then take their game online to play with the larger Battleforge community.

With the BattleForge beta currently in full swing, Strategyinformer made an wonderful interview with Sebastien Nell, BattleForge's producer for EA Phenomic, to learn some more about the novel RTS/trading card hybrid.

Q: The last time we saw BattleForge was at EA's European Showcase back in April of this year. How much has the game come along in the few months since?

Sebastien Nell: Very good. Hopefully you'll have had the chance to play the beta for which we've given out roughly 4000 keys for now, and we have about 400 simultaneous users online, which is a great response to the game. All the feedback that we've had so far from the community has been very good. We've had loads of compliments about how good the graphics look, how the gameplay mechanics come together, which is something new in an RTS. And that was mainly our goal with BattleForge, to create something new, by taking the old RTS genre and creating something that hasn't been done before. Our thinking was, let's get the RTS online because the RPG already made that transition a long time a go, which is why the most successful game online is an RPG. We thought, ok, let's do it with an RTS and that's when we created BattleForge.

Q: And I'm right in thinking that the game revolves around using a deck of cards, right?

Sebastien Nell: Purely virtual. The cards represent units, buildings and spells within BattleForge and we decided to go with cards because everybody's used to associating value with cards, like Magic: The Gathering players or even poker players (who) know that each card has a certain value. In BattleForge we use these cards as a transporter for these units, buildings and spells, but instead we could have used runes, which wouldn't have made much sense because - like I said �C people are used to playing with cards and since we have a lot of Magic: The Gathering veterans in our team, it was kind of clear that we'd go that route. Also, (there is) all of the community aspects that you have with trading cards.

In our game we fully support everything that you know from offline, real world trading, so we have an auction house, which is like a substitute for eBay when it comes to Magic: The Gathering players. You have in-game mail where you can attach cards as well as direct player trades, and we have trade messages where you can post, 'I'm trading this card,' or ��I'm searching for that card.' That's what we've created to give the community all the tools that they need to communicate with each other, and it's all built into the game

battlef_12031.jpg

Fire card: destructive

Q: The RTS is a huge genre, especially on the PC. Do you see BattleForge having enough in the way of unique ideas to really stand out from the crowd?

Sebastien Nell: Definitely. First of all BattleForge is an online only product, so there's no offline component to the game. Even the single-player scenarios would usually have offline or online and there's several reasons for that. Our main focus with BattleForge was to create an RTS that is focused on co-operative gameplay, so PvE (Player versus Enemy), instead of putting the focus on a PvP (Player versus Player) mode, which previous RTS games have delivered very well (already). But it's not very motivating for players that are not very good at PvP to get their ass kicked every time they go online, so we created a great PvE mode, where you can play together with your friends with one player, two player, four player and twelve player scenarios. The twelve player scenarios are what we call raids, like in World Of Warcraft and the content is as hard as the basic forty man dungeons when World Of Warcraft started out, which is pretty cool. During the beta it's nice to see how players already try to tackle the twelve player maps and heartily fail in doing so (laughs). So then they're going back to talk on the forums about strategies and what they're going to do and which cards they're going to take in their deck in order to successfully beat those twelve player maps or other scenarios.

battlef_12032.jpg

Frost card: defensive

I think that's one of the things we also focused the game around. In a normal RTS you're pretty much bound to a build order in that you have to have a certain building, you have to upgrade it in order to create new units. In BattleForge you have a card collection, where you can see which cards you own and out of your collection you pick twenty cards you want to take into battle with you. This gives you almost infinite options in creating a deck that perfectly fits to the purpose you need it for. We have four powers in BattleForge, Fire, Frost, Shadow and Nature and all these powers stand for a different strategy. So, Fire is very destructive, Frost is more defensive with healing units and Shadow I call the evil paladin, as there's always a downside to playing with a Shadow deck. It's really the depth of strategic thinking that we put into the game �C it's just really, really cool. Players are going to choose their power that they like to play with, which is comparable with taking a role in an RPG, but you're not bound to one specific role at a time. You can build as many decks as you want and follow different strategies.

battlef_12033.jpg

Nature card: healing

battlef_12034.jpg

Shadow card: evil power

Fonte: MMOsite.com

original: http://news.mmosite.com/content/2008-12-03/20081203065106379,1.shtml

BattleForge Blends RTS and Strategy Card Gaming; Beta Keys Being Distributed

Written by Rivithed

Into RTS games and fantasy card games like Magic and Eye of Judgment? Well, there's a new PC game coming in early 2009 that you'll definitely want to check out: BattleForge. Read on to find out how you can get an early gameplay sampling of it from the Beta!

BattleForge is an upcoming fantasy RTS game from game developer Phenomic, and is being published by EA. This game blends the magic of RTS, MMO, and strategy card gameplay into one. The cards are digital, or virtual if you prefer, so there's no going out to stores to hunt them down. Or worrying about bootlegs. Virtual trading, and even auctioning, will allow you to collect more cards. Cards are made up of four forces: Fire, Frost, Nature, and Shadow. Go into battle with 20 different cards, which include creatures, buildings, and spells. You can choose from a solo campaign mode, or be bold and go for the larger 12 versus 12 battles.

Phenomic and EA are currently distributing Beta access codes for BattleForge when you signup to be part of the BattleForge Community. EA has thrown in a nice little incentive for signing up as well. A sweepstakes contest is running until December 3, 2008, where 3 ATI HD 4870 PCI-E graphics cards will be given away. To enter the contest, and get into the beta, signup here to be part of the BattleForge Community. Read more details on the BattleForge sweepstakes here. Signup soon!

Check out the official website for BattleForge here. There's already a Battleforge Soundtrack online, where you can get a sampling of the epic backdrop that will accompany battles.

More details on BattleForge:

"Team up online in real-time-strategy in BattleForge, where players can build their own armies, play with up to 12 players co-op, and battle in the action-filled PvP modes. Units, buildings, and spells are represented on digital cards and players will make decks of 20 cards before entering battle – with 200 cards at launch, players have the freedom to create unique armies to command. Expand you army as you go – no base building means you stay focused on the action – by playing the cards around anything you control. Take your stack to the marketplace where you can buy, sell, and trade your cards with other players or purchase booster packs and tournament decks to expand your collection."

Fonte: Gaming Bits

original: http://www.gamingbits.com/content/view/4906/0

Video IGN, Nature Power

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14235191/battleforge/videos/BATLFgen_081408.html

Link para o comentário

• Membro VIP

Algumas fotos

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_040.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_041.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_042.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_043.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_044.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_045.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_046.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_047.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_049.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_050.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_051.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_052.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_053.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_054.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_055.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_056.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_057.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_058.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_059.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_060.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_061.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_062.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_063.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_064.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_065.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_066.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_067.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_068.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_069.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_070.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_071.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_072.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_073.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_074.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_075.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_076.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_077.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_078.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/302/Battleforge_079.jpg

Link para o comentário

• 2 semanas depois...
  • 4 meses depois...
  • 4 semanas depois...
  • 2 semanas depois...
  • 3 semanas depois...

Saudações:

Gostaria de saber se meu pc roda bem esse jogo;

configuração:

pentium 4 2.8 GHz (single core)

1.5 GB de RAM (DDR 400)

Placa Video: HD 3850 ATI (AGP 8X)

Conseque roda, da pra coloca uma configuração massa?

Pergunto pois se não fica bom eu nem vou baixar o jogo, 4 GB é muita coisa

valeu =]

Link para o comentário

• 2 meses depois...
  • Membro VIP
Me faltou coragem pra baixar... Vale a pena?

Eu pelo menos to gostando, faz umas 2 semanas que estou jogando. Pra quem curte muito o PvP, jogando sem gastar nada acho que deve ser meio chato, mas pra quem curte o PvE, jogando coop, da pra jogar sem problemas, e ainda da pra comprar umas cartas com gold de vez enquando de outros jogadores :)

Link para o comentário

sim, é um offline online o/

porqe da pra fazer campanha online tambem.

O **** eé qe pra comprar booster tem qe pagar :/

adoooro abrir boosters!

Abrir Boosters é uma coisa estremamente viciante, á capaz de você torrar todos seus Bfps de uma vez só!

O mais interessante, para quem tem deck f4p, é abrir cerca de 3~4 boosters, e comprar as cartas avulsas para completar o deck.

Já estou jogando a um tempinho, quem quiser add lá "noobever"...

Tb temos servidor TS para um melhor teamplay.

Eu dou um help nas campanhas, meus decks são lv ~70 aproximadamente.

É um jogo muito bom, recomendo com certeza.

Link para o comentário

Arquivado

Este tópico foi arquivado e está fechado para novas respostas.

Sobre o Clube do Hardware

No ar desde 1996, o Clube do Hardware é uma das maiores, mais antigas e mais respeitadas comunidades sobre tecnologia do Brasil. Leia mais

Direitos autorais

Não permitimos a cópia ou reprodução do conteúdo do nosso site, fórum, newsletters e redes sociais, mesmo citando-se a fonte. Leia mais

• Criar novo...

Ebook grátis: Aprenda a ler resistores e capacitores!

EBOOK GRÁTIS!

CLIQUE AQUI E BAIXE AGORA MESMO!